Wednesday 7 March 2012

Garder's Multiple Intelligences

My experiences with Multiple Intelligences first began in Grade 12 Science class. My teacher thought very highly of the Multiple Intelligences and all of our projects were based on what he called "M.I Projects". At the beginning of the school year he handed out a test for us to take with about 100 questions that basically asked would you rather...option A, option B, or option C etc. At the end of the test we tallied up how many A's, B's, C's and so on that we had which told us which Intelligence was our strongest, and which was our weakest and all the ones in between in order from strongest to weakest. Every 2 weeks we had to do a M.I Project and it had to correspond to our strongest 3 multiple intelligences. For example if we were verbal smart we could make flash cards or do a report. If you were musical smart you could make up a song or perform in front of the class something musical. This could sometimes be challenging when it came to Science but it was a very beneficial way of learning that helped me remember a lot of the key terms. My next experience of M.I's was in my practicum in EDFX. The children in my Grade 1 class were given Multiple Intelligence tests. However, I did not feel that these were as beneficial as the M.I's in Grade 12. The questions on the Grade 1 test were things like, would you rather play on the adventure playground or write a story. 99% of the children answered: play on the adventure playground. Some of the answers interested me such as when a student would rather write a story than draw a picture. Multiple Intelligences have benefits but I can see how they are not always reliable.

No comments:

Post a Comment